NHS Digital is the information and technology partner to the health and care system. It has expertise in delivering large scale infrastructure to deliver benefits for patients and front line professionals.
Innovation associates come from a varied range of technology, information and clinical backgrounds to play a part in the digital transformation of health and care. Their role is to make data, information and knowledge in IT systems open, shareable and computable so as to facilitate the creation of innovative digital services that will transform the delivery of health and social care. To achieve this, they:
- support communities to enable the use of digital tools and technology that can help to deliver safe, high quality, efficient and compassionate care;
- educate and inform participants in the health and care community (citizens, patients, carers, health, care and digital professionals) about the possibilities digital technologies);
- provide and equip them with the tools, knowledge and skills needed to develop and implement high quality digital solutions.
- are educated to degree Level or equivalent qualification / delivery experience;
- may have a technology or business background in software development, technical architecture, infomatics, service redesign, infrastucure;
- may have a medical, nursing, allied health professional, pharmacy or social work qualification; and
- will have experience from one or more of the following sectors: general practice, social care, primary care, or secondary care.